Every Friday, Lisa-Jo Baker (Formerly the Gypsy Mama), gives a word prompt and encourages her readers to write with abandon--but only for 5 minutes.
**For this first post, I wrote it on my iPhone, from my cozy bed. Yes it took me all 5 minutes ;-)**
This week's prompt is "Home"
Go.
HOME
Most days I'm content where I am. Our little suburb is just far enough away from the city for conveniences, and just a 10-minute drive to the country so I can enjoy weekly horseback riding lessons.
Then there's the days I say, "I hate Ohio. I've been trying to get out of here my entire adult life." The weather is unpredictable, I'm over the random snow-in-the-morning-melts-by-the-evening days with their grey skies. I'd rather be anywhere than here.
I've mentioned more than once the desire to move south... Ft. Worth, Phoenix, Atlanta...
While talking to my hubby, we decided that I wouldn't be happy anywhere we could move to. Really,
I'm just longing for the day of Christ's return. Heaven is my home.
Stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment